31.10.12

Multiple points


When placing my first pebble, I felt that this central position worked well. If it had been a lone pebble and the bottle hadn’t been there, this would have made it quite a static shot. The implied diagonal line coming down from the bottle to the pebble however creates some movement.
I found that adjustments began from the second pebble, which was earlier than I had imagined. I felt that the initial stone needed to be further from the bottle in order for the second to balance. It was brought back in again as the third was placed to the bottom left. With the three pebbles, it is inevitable that they will form some kind of triangle.
My fourth stone seemed to work well in the middle of this triangle which was spread apart slightly to accommodate. On adding the fifth pebble, the apex of the triangle, now opened up to become the top of a square.
 
One of the lower pebbles needed to be moved in order to place the final pebble. On studying the shape of all the pebbles in place, I realised that they had created a triangle with a smaller triangle inside.
It seems that even when using what works naturally, rather than following rules, triangles often appear in forms which are pleasing to the eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment