31.10.12

Positioning a point


When taking this shot, I wanted to create a sense of movement and give an impression of the distance the boy was to travel. To achieve this result, I positioned him very close to the edge of the image. This had the effect of creating most of the space and therefore movement in front of him in the shot, drawing attention to the field which he was walking into.

I have used a similar position for the subject in this seaside shot but for different reasons. I wanted to create a feeling of space and stillness in the shot, yet not so much as to make it appear static. Had the rod not been pointing up towards the left of the image, I might have placed the fisherman slightly closer to the centre. I felt though, that the implied line flowing from the rod brought enough balance to enable me to place the man far right.

I have placed the candles in this shot much closer to the centre than the subjects in the previous images. This creates a much more stable shot, yet not quite so static as if they were completely central.

The dandelion shot is a re-edit of the one used for my Contrasts assessment. The central position makes a much more static image, yet I feel that the dark space is cut in half, creating a much less lonely picture than the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment